8 July 2013

WishList



I'm having a fine time searching for the best things to buy for my trip to the Amazon many actually from Amazon.co.uk, oh the irony! I've already got a few little bits including Riemann P20 once a day sun screen and mossy repellent with Deet.

I also adore, in addition to guide books, to seek out books set in the places I'm going to. I had fun trying to find books set in the Amazon - I've bought The Mapmaker's Wife: A True Tale Of Love, Murder And Survival In The Amazon. There were very few fiction books set in the area -although funnily enough I already owned and read State of Wonder which is set in the Brazilian side of the amazon jungle, I also found The Sunflower -which has an incredibly dowdy cover but I'm willing to get a cheapo copy and give it a go.

I also came across this The Wish List I'm not even sure how (very possible Amazon has spied into my personal data and knows I'm a compulsive list maker about to turn 30!) but how could I not buy it from this synopsis:

"There are six months left of Emma Reiss's twenties...and she has some unfinished business. Emma and her friends are about to turn thirty, and for Emma it's a defining moment. Defined, that is, by her having achieved none of the things she'd imagined she would. Her career is all wrong, her love life is a desert and that penthouse apartment she pictured herself in simply never materialised. Moreover, she's never jumped out of a plane, hasn't met the man she's going to marry, has never slept under the stars, or snogged anyone famous - just some of the aspirations on a list she and her friends compiled fifteen years ago. As an endless round of birthday parties sees Emma hurtle towards her own thirtieth, she sets about addressing these issues. But, as she discovers with hilarious consequences, some of them are trickier to tick off than she'd thought…"

Well, I have less than 4 months to go until my 30th, and whilst most of my goals aren't deadlined - I did speculate a few I would like to have done Here when you boil them down they are the usual really - basically meet career, financial, spiritual, health and romantic goals, so complete life sorted basically! Anyway I'll read this book and report back on how it stacks up to my own 'turning 30' experiences




And lastly on the subject of lists and turning 30 - The Huffington Post gives us 30 things every woman should have and should know by the time she is 30....



XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment