27 February 2014

Nudge Nudge Wink Wink

This is a little article on following, what the author calls 'Nudges'

I followed nudges to start crossfit - its something I'd read of in blogs and my friend Johnny was getting a membership for Christmas. Friends from crossfit signed up for Tough Mudder so I joined them, the running training for which nudged me to sign up for the Bath Half all on my own.

Practising yoga in Chicago made me realise: 'wow, I've been doing yoga a long time, maybe I should do something more with it' from which I found a cheap course that my much respected yoga teacher took 10 years ago.

Goals do help nudge me, remind me of things I want to achieve, and this blog helps me record little ideas and ponderings that sometimes, quite quickly turn into more.

I'm paraphrasing a quote from which I can't remember the source: life, ultimately has no meaning. It is up to us to create our own meanings - be that pursuit of knowledge, travel, wealth, family. So I suppose 'meaning' would be something like - try everything, pursue all inspiration, because these little nudges can lead to amazing things.


 
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment